1924 EL Special Six Touring Car HELP!

Hello Fellow Studebaker Heads, I am tring to restore my old Studebaker and need some help in locating some parts and information. I need to find a front apron that goes under the radiator, one of the small levers in the ignition switch, a clock for an open car, a big six rear end for increaed speed (i think they will interchange and just have a better ratio) and a set of wood wheels and the stuff to put them where the solid budd wheels use to be. Also does anyone know what colors were available back in 1924 besides black? Thanks for any help, Seaton Howell

• 2 weeks later...
Guest stude8

The only color brochures I have begin at 1925, here is a 1925 Sheriff Big 6 at the Studebaker museum in South Bend. I have seen earlier Studebakers using dark Blue or Green body color with black fenders on open car bodies. Stude8

post-31139-143137927106_thumb.jpg

Guest stude8

This is a photo of a 1924 Studebaker EM model I looked at a year ago forsale in Mount Prospect, IL. I don't know how correct the paint colors were? It had been restored in 1970's or 80's? A nice original interior but engine had a stuck valve from sitting in storage 14 years and head had to come off. Someone bought it as it sat. Stude8

post-31139-143137927113_thumb.jpg

Not 100% sure on the Special/Big 6 models but I think they were black. I know the Light 6 were black. I have lots of info on the 24 but no mention of colors, which leads me to believe they were black. I do have info on 25 however

Special 6 - Duplex-Pheaton and Duplex-Roadster - In lacquer, Studebaker blue with light blue and ivory striping. Louvers in ivory. Closed Models - Lower section Studebaker blue. Upper section black. Double ivory strip on body. Louvers in ivory. (Studebaker blue was a dark blue)

Standard 6: Duplex-Pheaton and Duplex-Roadster - Black enamel. Louvers have ivory strip. Closed Models - In lacquer. Lower section Navajo gray. Upper section Seminole gray. Black mounding carries double strip in light red. Louvers striped in light red.

Maybe you can use these color combos

This info is posted on my website www.mikekeeler.com/studebaker Click the Stude Info tab and select Literature