1936 Dodge Hub Caps

jujajj11

• 1 month later...

The only place I know to get the caps redone is to send them to a quality chrome plater. They need to be disassembled so the plater can work out the dents on the skin. It won't be cheap but it's usually worth it. The olny other alternative is to search for good originals but they can be hard to find. Good luck, Jim

Guest DodgeKCL

There's an outfit in Australia that repros '35 and '36 Dodge caps. It's linked to the Dodge Brothers Club somehow through John Bittence one of the Club's founders. He imports the parts to the U.S. and you buy them from him. They're fairly pricey but they are brand new.

** I found the site again. It's called 'vintageandclassicreproductions.com' The hubcaps are listed as DOD 115 and are $195 Aus. From what I can make out in the photos they are one pice aluminum castings. They would still need to be polished and chromed. They are listed as 1935 but are actually the 1936 type with the rolled edge that fit over clips in the wheel. 35s had clips in the hubcaps and none in the wheel. A set of 4 will cost about $1000 by the time that they hit landfall in the U. S. With the polishing and chroming you're looking at $1500 for 4, more if you want a 5th for the spare. God help you if you have dual side mounts. That's why I say they're a bit pricey.