1917 Buick Touring Car

Guest Rob322

I just found a 1917 Buick touring car in a barn I could not let this Buick rot away and have taken it on as as a project. From the paper work that I got with the car it sounds as though someone was trying to restore this car in 1983. The car is mostly complete but in boxes. The motor has been rebuilt its a 4 clyinder but the oil pump is missing. This is the oldest car I have worked on and have know idea where to begin looking for parts. So if someone could point me in the right direction it would be great.

Guest DaveCorbin

Dear Rob:

You're on the way by finding this site. Now, you need to join the Buick Club and the chapter nar you. Since you didn't give a town or city, I can't tell you which one it is.

When you join the BCA, you'll find out we have technical advisors for most years and models. You'll also want to get to know Mark Shaw, the director of the Pre-war division of the BCA.

Another website is called "BrassBuicks", mostly guys whose Buicks are older than your new find, but great with early Buicks.

If you post the number from the engine and the number on the frame, I can help you with car information.

If you post your location, I can get you some chapter information.

Regards, Dave Corbin,

South Central Regional Director.

Buick Club