1937 buick model 47

kenbrockman

yes i have purchased a 1937 buick model 47 4 door slant back or slope back, i am looking a for information about the cowl tag, plust where i can buy some used parts for it, it is missing both taillight assy. missing both complete front parking light assy. i need grill inserts( will all 37 interchange, and will the 38 insert fit the 37 housing? i also need the light housing above the license plate holder, and a few pieces of stainless or chrome down the body sides. i was wanting to know how many of these models 47 was built? and the trim and paint code information. please email me if you have parts or can help at kwbrockman@msn.com. thanks kenneth in tn.

Guest DaveCorbin

Dear Ken:

If you post the numbers on the body plate here, I can decode it for you. Also, please post the engine number (small machined surface near lower right rear of engine block) and the frame number (small plate mounted on frame rail straight down from body plate)(and tough to see behind the battery tray)

Those numbers will tell me when and where your car was built, which I'll share.

Regards, Dave Corbin

Guest DaveCorbin

Dear Ken:

In regards to how many were built, Buick built 22,312 Model 47's in 1937 plus 205 Model 47's for export.

Regards, Dave Corbin

• 2 years later...