Packards International Swap Meet

Guest BigKev

Packards International Swap Meet

Sunday, Feb 4th 2007

DoubleTree Hotel - Orange, California

The swap meet is free to get into and is open from 8am - 2pm in the rear Hotel Parking lot.

I will be there bright and early looking for parts for my '54. So if you see, me please feel free to come up and say hello and also wish me a Happy Birthday.

I'll be the big/tall guy wearing the Woodie Wagon Hawaiian shirt.

Just returned from the PI Swap Meet. Had a good time and met BigKev - nice fellow!

The weather was darn near 80-degrees, but the meet seemed a bit smaller than last year as several "regulars" were missing - Max Merritt, Sandy Chirco, Yesterdays Radios, and the fellow who purchased all of John Conde's photos never showed up.

It was good to see Bruce Blevins and Neal Porter out from Detroit. They gave a presentation about the Packard Proving Grounds yesterday and set up a table today.

Several other Packard swap meets are coming up later this year -- Salado, Texas frm March 29 to April 1; Frederick, Maryland on May 4 and 5; Perrysburg, Ohio from May 18 to 20; the PAC National Meet in South Bend, Indiana from June 17 to 23; The National Packard Museum in Warren, Ohio from July 20 to 22; and Hershey from October 10 to 13. See you there!

Well here is my report from the Swap Meet today:

I ran across some very nice people, and several people found me and my woodie T-Shirt. I also managed to haggle the following parts for my '54:

4 Good Matching Junior Rims (off the same car)

Carb Rebuild Kit for my Carter 2102S

The front grille emblem bezel

A good front bumper guard cross bar (with splash pan and licence plate bracket)

A Heavy Duty drum puller (now I'm in business)

A brand new power coated battery retainer

All of the above for less than $225

I did take the camera with me, and will try to get pictures of all the cars uploaded into the Pictures section on the website over the next few days. I went directly from the swap-meet to Vegas (about 300+ miles) so once things settle down here I will get to uploading them.

Well I was so engrossed in looking for things for my 32, I forgot to look for Kev. I'm coming to realize that 32 is a tough year to find parts for. Anyway I may have a lead on my elusive map light switch.

I met a lot of nice people at the PI meet and had a great time.

Pretty nice 34 7 passenger Phaeton for sale.