Movie to be shot in Flint this spring

serb

This is one paragraph out of a mailing I periodically get from GM, entitled "Retiree enews".

Your Car Can Be a Star

Got a car from the early 1970's and late 1960's? Want to be in a movie? Scenes for a new Will Ferrell sports comedy, "Semi?Pro," will be shot in Flint this spring, and the movie?makers are looking for cars and trucks to help create street scenes from 1975. For more details,click here.

http://www.mlive.com/news/fljournal/index.ssf?/base/news-41/1169220035214580.xml&coll=5

Having been on many movie sets with my cars, I will give you this advice:

If you love the car, stay with it. If you really love it, take it home with you at the end of the day. Make sure that you will be the one driving the car. If they want a stunt man to driver it, make sure that you have a copy of their insurance policy covering you and your car or do not let them drive it.

I have personally seen glove boxes broken open in a parking garage with a security guard on duty, extras starting stick shift cars out in high gear up a hill, and a stunt man accidentally crashing a gorgeous 37 Chrysler into a gard post next to the steet.

I have had to adjust the clutch the next day because they used the car after I left. Who ever drove it could not figure out how to drive it and slipped the clutch.

All that said, it is still fun to go. They pay the extras $25.00 to use their cars. Through my agent, I get $150. to $250. per day.

Guest GRANNYS 70 SKYLARK

I've been approached about using my car in a movie to be filmed locally, thanks for the tips. There's quite a range between the $25 and $250 daily payment, why is that? Does it depend on the movie budget, which car is used, etc? Should I contact my own insurance company before I agree to allow the car to be used and discuss what they cover?

Sorry for all the questions, this is new to me.