Push Rod for Master Cylinder on 1936 Dodge

Guest Rob1960

Guest Rob1960

Does anyone know where I might buy a Master Cylinder Push Rod with a working check nut, or adjustment nut? The rest of my master cylinder seems in good shape. My 1936 Dodge needs one, and I was suprised to learn this morning that both Roberts and Bernbaum in Boston do not carry them. They say I'll need to find an old one from an otherwise worn out master cylinder. On my current push rod, someone through the years welded the adjustment nut into a fixed position. And now it needs adjustment. Can anyone tell me if all mopars for 1936 used the same master cylinder, and if that MC was used on other model years as well? Any and all suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Robt Perry in WV

That's what I like about the Dodge Brothers Club. It's members are so generous, both with information and their generousity. That's also why I'll be going to the DB National Meet in Lethbridge this summer instead of the WPC in Chicago. Unfortunately, they both occur at the same time in July.

Ken Sobel

Guest DodgeKCL

Just out of curiosity is the nut welded or brazed to the shaft? If this guy used brazing rod then the puddle of brass can be heated up to liquify it and it can be knocked and brushed off the threads. The nut could be worked off the shaft and the threads rerun on the shaft and nut. However if it was truely welded ,steel to steel, than you're screwed so to speak.

Guest Rob1960

Jim - I really appreciate your offer. I sent you a private email last night with all my contact info. Please post here if you did not receive it. Thanks so much. Robt

---------------------------------------------

Rob, I should have one you can have , If I can find it,. Email me with your address and I'll get it out to you. If you need anything else or info let me know! Jim

Guest Rob1960

Ken -

Thanks for your reply and comments. It would appear that some Nut, years ago, did truely weld the nut.... ha ha. I agree completely with your comment about the helpfulness of the DBC members and those who post to this forum. I have received a tremendous amount of extremely helpful information, as well as a lot of direct help from several memebers. I really appreciate it. This is a great group and a great forum.

Robt

-------------------------------------------------------

Just out of curiosity is the nut welded or brazed to the shaft? If this guy used brazing rod then the puddle of brass can be heated up to liquify it and it can be knocked and brushed off the threads. The nut could be worked off the shaft and the threads rerun on the shaft and nut. However if it was truely welded ,steel to steel, than you're screwed so to speak.