1966 or 67' front clip on a 1969 riviera

NathanG

Hi,

I was wondering if it is possible to replace the hood and fenders from a 1969 riviera with the hood and fenders from a 1966 ao 67' riviera.

Im just wondering if anyone has tryed to do this ... and if it works

Thanks Nathan

Nathan,

There is a ROA member named Darwin Falk who knows the 66 to 70 Rivs like no one else. I don't know if he posts here yet or not. This may be a situation where if you would use the entire front clip, the parts would swap out. If you mix and match, there could be issues with grills, bumpers and assorted trim items that wouldn't work together. Are you trying to get a 69 Riv back on the road?

Thanks,

Tim

Tim, thanks for the reply.

Do you know how i can get a hold of Mr. Falk,

And yes i have a 69' that I will be restoring probably next year, but i would prefer to have the front end of a 66' or 67' rather then the one from the 69'.

Thanks, Nathan

Why would you even consider such a swap - even if it was feaseable ? It would definetly lower the value of your '69, not to mention the hassle with parts interchange. I know that '68/'69/'70 front clips will interchange, and have some pictures of a '69 front clip on a '70, but I'm not sure about the '66/'67. I suppose anything is possible if you put your mind to it, and your pockets are deep enough !

I wouldn't try that. I haven't compared both but the 66-67 do not have concealed wipers and the hood doesn't extend to the windshield. The wiper system is also much different and I think it would require some serious modifications to make them fit.

as Randy said,

I'd think twice before spending time and money on modifications that will lower the value. As you'd probably be able to sell your 69 and get a 66-67 in similar shape for for a similar price and another 1969 lover would be happy! Unless you don't like the 66-67 rear end or it's interior!