30 years of motoring

Barry Wolk

For our 30th anniversary (5 years ago) I made up a bunch of collages of pets, cars, us individually as kids and us as a couple.

I thought I'd share the motoring collage with you. We've come a long ways.

I bought my '77 Lincoln Town Car just after I made the collage. Then came the Mark II, then the '68 Lincoln Limo and then the '55 Porsche, purchased last November.

2516500_24_full.jpg

Barry,

I like your idea of the collage. I just wish I had taken more photos of my cars over the last 30 years. But you an I have had some similar car history.

I see that you had an AMC Pacer. I freely admit that an AMC Pacer X was my first "new" car. My wife and I bought it new for only $4000 when it was 1 1/2 years old because the dealer just couldn't move it. It was emerald green with tinted windows and we called it our "UFO martian bubble car". It could take corners like it was on rails.

My very first car at age 16 was a 62 MG Midget, (everybody needs to own a little sports roadster) followed by a 47 Willys wagon (sleeper) with a 489 Pontiac V8 (blew the doors off little 289 mustangs), a 63 El Camino, BMW 1600 & VW Bug (while stationed in Germany), 69 Pontiac LeMans, etc. etc....

Now I drive a 2005 Silverado to tow my old Buicks.