1990 red reatta convertibles with gray interior

s.zaban

There were 668 red convertibles made in 1990.<BR>Red exterior could be ordered with tan, or grey interior. You could technically get a white, tan, or black top..... the order sheet recommended you order the top to match the interior so most dealer would order a grey interior with black top.<P>I cannot tell you how many of the 668 red convertibles had tan or grey interior, from my experience with the database, there seem to be more tan interiors in red cars than grey..... just for conversation lets say it was split 50/50... that would make 334 with red/grey...but there is another factor. Is the grey interior the standard seat or the 16 way? Again lets say that split was 50/50 making the number 167 red/grey with 16 way seats. I would guess the majority of those cars had a black top... what would make it more unusual is if the black top is cloth vs. vinyl. <P>My ballpark guess on your car would be around 150 red/grey/black combinations.

O.K. Barney, I was told by a fairly good source, for which I will reveal to you upon request, that there were only TWO 1990(convertibles) with gray interior. Now this person lives near Flint were most of the buick engineers, executives lived, even though the cars were built in Lansing, Mi.Oh yes, he seems to know the other owner of the gray interior car. Both cars were supposedly built for thses two engineers, or executives at the time. Any thoughts??? And I probably should give you my vin number by now!!! SEZ

Guest Stan Leslie

Currently there are two 1990 Red/Gray convertibles in the database- one with white top and one with black top (not necessarily original color). I believe Barney's number of 668 is Red Convertibles Total. There were 260 Convertibles Total with Gray Interior. I believe the gray interior was available with all exterior colors except Driftwood, although it would have been most popular with Black (295 convertibles), Silver (60 convertibles), Gray (37 convertibles), Burgundy (117 Convertibles), or even White (741 Convertibles). I cannot verify the quanity of two with Red exterior, but it is probably less than ten.

I am not in disagreement with Stan, but I found #905191, #907494, and #908330 on the database to be Red/grey convertibles. S.zaban's convertible would be four. The database represents about 12% of the total production. If you do the math, then there is a probability of arount 30 red/grey convertibles. <P>Based on conversations with other former Buick "employees" I am skeptical that any of them know and/or can remember "exact" information like you were given.<P>If this precise information were available, we are waisting our time with the database.