1988 Buick Reatta Coupe for Sale

White with navy leather/suede interior, 16 way seats with lumbar and thigh extension. 59,000 miles. Reatta insignia mats never used. Excellent condition. Touch screen computer,am/fm cassette. Manual. E-tested. Certified. All options, except sunroof. Undercoated. $9,000.00 US. Hate to part with it,however need bigger vehicle. Call 1-800-253-4348 after 5:00 p.m. or email at ml@phoenixinv.net. (Kitchener,Ontario,Canada)<p>[ 09-26-2001: Message edited by: Mary-Lee ]

Did I read that right? Manual? I thought that Reatta's only came with 4spd automatics?Or did you have it put in aftermarket. If you did did it mess up the o2 sensors and stuff?<BR>henry

Arizona is right. It is the owner's manual. A lot of the vehicles that have been sold do not have manuals, so I thought I would mention my car still has the manual. There is not a ton of room to list everything and I guess I just assumed people would know what I meant.

I had someone e-mail me with some questions and thought I would provide the information for everyone. I am open to offers and also am willing to drive the vehicle across the border depending on the distance. With regards to brake problems, I had the accumulator replaced and a relay, but no other problems. When this occurred, both lights came on when I started the vehicle.

Errr - both lights (Brake & ABS) are supposed to come on at startup. If they don't you should be concerned. Also should go off within 30 seconds if car has been sitting for a few days and much quicker if just driven.

I should have said the lights stayed on, as I know they come on when you start the vehicle. Everyone seems to be have a problem with 88's and don't want to buy them because of the brakes, so I am mentioning this to let everyone know that I do not have a problem with my 88. If I did not need a bigger vehicle or could afford two vehicles, I would not even be selling it.

Well, I have an '88 and have no intention of selling it (am finally starting to get it the way I want it).<P>Brakes are scary to people - why you need to be very precise if you mention them at all.<P>New accumulator is definately a plus since they seem to be age rather than milage dependant.<P>Trouble with these modern cars is that they are so complex yet also so reliable that we tend to take them for granted.<P>Now that I am attuned, I recognize many things in modern cars that are traceble to the Reatta, such as having to leave the key on when I return a rental so they can read the milage.<P>All things considered, I would rather have an '88 for several reasons, the first being that starting in '89, Buick removed some of the neat features (like the array of console switches). <P>True, some of those ideas just were not practical (like the glovebox that requires the key to be on to open) but have seen those features to be the most noted at car shows. Add in the fact that the '88 was low production (4,708) that just adds to the charm.<P>But the bottom line is that if you want a collectible, buy an Allante. If you want reliable (I know) transportation that still makes a statement, I'll take the Reatta. Kinda like all of the people who bought Bentleys instead of Rolls-Royces because they were $200 cheaper.

I think you will find that this is a seasonal variation caused by some of us who get SNOW and who would rather sell than store and sell.<P>Just my opinion wink.gif" border="0 Roberet wink.gif" border="0

Snow ? Yesss funny white stuff I avoid. Twenty-five years ago I stood in a Delco-Remy parking lot in Anderson. Sun was not up yet. Wind blowing. -20F. And wondered "why ?".<P>Now that am a Floridian (actually have been since the '50s, just had periods elsewhere) I try to make it to Wright-Pat at least once in Jan-Feb each year to remember what it is like. Nice part is going home two days later.