Richard Carpenter's 57 Adventurer Convertible...Where is it Now?

Guest 70 Electra

Guest 70 Electra

Apparently, sometime back, Richard Carpenter's collection included a black 57 Adventurer convertible. Looking at their website, it appears that the collection no longer has it.

Does anyone know where this car ended up? If you do not wish the information to be "public" knowledge, please send me a private message.

Thanks,

• 2 weeks later...

I have been tracking 1957 DeSotos worldwide for about the last 15-20 years. I watched the Barrett-Jackson auction where Richard's car was sold, but I don't know the buyer's name. I do know of several 1957 Adventurer convertibles which look to be in the same condition as Richard's, so I can guess on the current owner, but don't know for sure. I'm the technical advisor for the National DeSoto Club for 1957 models. Contact me at desoto@pathway.net and I can supply a couple pictures of the car that I believe to be his, or go to my 1957 desoto website, and you can probably find it yourself in my pictures pages. http://www.angelfire.com/de/petrus/index.html

• Like 1

• 15 years later...
  • 8 months later...

I was the host for the 1988 National DeSoto convention in Carlsbad, CA.  I remember seeing this car at the convention and seeing Richard and family there at the awards show and dinner.  

• Like 1