reatta Mods?!?

Polyurethane endlinks on front swaybar.<P>Cross drilled disks rotors front and rear. tongue.gif" border="0 <P>Carbon fiber semi metalic disk pads. tongue.gif" border="0 <P>Oversize 225 60 15 tires. Robert

So far mainly cosmetic: LeBra, Enkeis, 225/60/16s, 55w fog lights, air horns. <A HREF="http://www2.gdi.net/~ldkp/enkb.jpg" TARGET=_blank>http://www2.gdi.net/~ldkp/enkb.jpg</A> <P>Will probably add a few enhancements but need to get out G-Tech and take some baseline readings first.<P>Personally find the power/handling "adequate" but have other toys for that.<P>Even though 88-90 all have the same 165hp "C" engine, I just noticed that there are at least four different camshafts used. Anyone have specs (lift, overlap, duration,...) ?

Did the standard stuff first, K&N homemade CAI, removed the cat., Fastchips PROM, estimated horsepower of 180-182 based on air flow calculations. Bought a used engine, standard overhaul procedure except hand ported the heads and intake manifold, cc'd the head and piston combinations, overbored .020", later model "L" code pistons .050" taller 9.1:1 compression ratio, throttle body bored 5 mm and new throttle blade installed, ceramic coated headers. Estimated horsepower 195-200 but have not run this against a G-Tech like I did for the first modifications. Definitely stronger performance but no actual numbers. Next step is a turbo (in progress).

Oh,I forgot. I know of only two camshafts for the 88-90 vin C engines. The '88-89 are different than the '90 but are interchangeable. I am not at home right now, so I don't have the figures in front of me, but I did degree my cam in the '90 engine when I reinstalled it. I also have a cam from an '89 engine which I checked on a little jig I made. The earlier models have more lift but less duration. It was a symetrical cam, 180 deg. duration on both intake and exhaust, the '90 cam has a little less lift but more duration, something like 184 (exhaust)and 187(intake) degrees duration or so (per my memory) with something like 114-116 lobe centers. The later vin "L" engine has a different cam sprocket mount so I didn't take one to look at. The purpose of all this was to check into having one reground to my spec's but I decided to look at the turbo route instead. <P>Padgett, please E mail me direct if you would. I had my PROM recalibrated to a lower cooling fan temperature a couple of years ago and maybe could help with your code search but I need some discussion also.

It will "wizz" the front tires. Not just a screetch, but more of a hiss. That's only if the throttle is slammed down. Rolling smartly into the throttle gives a cheeping sound for about 30 ft. or so. I like the subframe connectors and will look into that some more, especially when I get the turbo up and running. Initially I am installing Riviera air struts in the rear and will exttend them to the max to see if it will keep more weight to the front but stiffining the chassis is good for more than just straight line traction as the article said. Thanks.