Prewar Spyker pics for publication

khg

I'm on assignment to do a story of the history of the Spyker company for a magazine in Portland, OR. The art director has asked for about 30 images of cars past and present. The present images are pretty easy to find, but the Spyker web site only has a few historic pictures, and Google hasn't turned up much that would be usable in print.

Do any of you know if there is a club dedicated to Spykers, and how I can get in contact with them? Better yet, is there a museum that has Spykers? Or do any of you have hi-res pictures of Spykers that we might be able to use?

Any help you guys can give me is much appreciated.

khg,

Have you tried contacting the AACA Library & Research Center for information and photos? The L&RC has thousands of pices of original autmotive literature in their collection. They are currently putting their entire catalog online for searching but only have A through Mercedes online at this time. But you can still contact them and I am sure they would be glad to help if they can. Contact Kim Miller, the Librarian for assitance.

Their web site is www.aacalibrary.org

Their contact info is:

AACA Library & Research Center

501 West Governor Road

PO Box 417

Hershey, PA 17033

Phone: (717) 534-2082

email - kmiller@aacalibrary.org

Hope this helps

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings,

I hope it's not too late for your story, but here's what you seek:

http://geschiedenis.vpro.nl/artikelen/30443985/

You'll need a translator, as it's all in Dutch, but has loads of links and pix.

If you can't find it, do an Explorer search for Spyker Museum, Amsterdam; that's what I did.

And for your article, don't forget the Matchbox Series Model of Yesteryear # 16, 1904 Spyker.

That's how many American kids of a certain age became familiar with Spykers.

Hope it helps,

Tom Gibson

post-43799-143137917167_thumb.jpg