Acura TL

s.zaban

Nice car, but I think the V6 Accord EX is a much better value. The TL doesn't do anything $10,000 better. The Accord was my first choice for my new car purchase but I chose against it cuz it doesn't tow much. A couple mos. ago a buddy bought the TL and I just don't see enough differences.

What year Acura are you referring to? As a loyal buyer of the later model Hondas/Acuras, as well as a few of the lder ones I have owned (Acura is the luxury division of Honda) (fan of older Buicks and other GM cars of the 50s-70s) I can say Acuras and Hondas are fine, quality built automobiles. I have owned several Hondas, but only one Acura, which was a older (1989) Acura Integra. This was one of the first Acuras and this was the small Acura of the late 80s (The Legen was a larger car) All of mine has been reliable. Your will experience few electrical problems and body integrity (squeaks and rattles) will be non-existant. And very few on a older one with high miles. I currently have a 1991 Honda Accord LX 4-door, with 165,000 miles and this car still has no squeaks or rattles and all electrical works fine (except radio works when it wants to) The newer Acura TLs and RLs are as well built as a Lexus or Mercedes. They are very well-built with quality materials. Rust can be a problem on the older models and parts costs are high, but I imagine no higher than a Reatta. Reliability is very high and you should not have many problems. Like someone else said, Honda Accord is a better value, as it is basically a TL. If you want a real Acura, go for the large RL flagship. It lacks a V-8 that its competetors have, but power is adequate and it too is a fine automobile. Lexus is also a fine car. My aunt has a 1990 with about 100K and it still runs and looks like new. Very high quality car. Good luck, whatever you decide. <BR>Hope I have helped. <P>Tony<BR>-------------------------<BR>1972 Buick Electra 225 Custom 4-door hardtop sedan<BR>1989 Pontiac Safari 4-door 9-passenger wagon<BR>1991 Honda Accord LX 4-door sedan

A friend drives a Nissan 300 ZX twin turbo as his winter rust beater and an Acura NSX as his fun summer car, wife's car is a big Mercedes.<P>Joe tires of cars regularly but has hung onto his two favorites. I know Joe has turned down well over full retail in the early years when the NSXs were still scares. He just loves the Acura!!!<P>My toy during this period a 89 Taurus SHO, 220 horsepower stock, only available as a standard, 4 doors, sunroof, leather and 0 to 60 6.6 seconds stock. Upgrades 9 inch K&N Cone filter, cold air induction, bored out throttle body, stainless steel y pipe free flow exhaust and low restriction Cat and mufflers.<P>Car was sold to the insurance company for a fraction of its worth after a hit and run wrote it off. #* insurance companies frown.gif" border="0 <P>I think after 3 years I'll just have to get another SHO as a play toy grin.gif" border="0grin.gif" border="0grin.gif" border="0 <P>Current toy 1996 supercharged Riviera grin.gif" border="0grin.gif" border="0 <P>Now you know why I can't get excited about increasing the acceleration and performance of my 89 Reatta. It is just not there, but some day I'll have to tell you about the carbon fiber semi metalic brake pads and cross drilled rotors front and rear on the SHO, Reatta and Riviera. <P>Hope this helps, Robert<P>PS; I really did drive the SHO like I stole it, all the time. Still going strong at 150,000 miles before hit and run. Yes all cars run on synthetic oil and frequent filter changes.<p>[ 09-10-2001: Message edited by: Drive it like I stole it. ]

Oh , sorry all, the new 2002 acura tl v6 225hp. Wondered what you think? I can not aford a rl . Thats real big bucks. Believe it or not I got $1250.00 off sticker.Most want sticker, or a few hundred off. They never have any in stock. Complete car is made in Marysville, Ohio. Thanks alot.

I have a 2001 Acura CL (the two door version of the TL). I have had one problem with the left rear strut. It was replaced under warranty. Mine is tne Navi model and I really like that feature. I'm a gadget guy. The more the better. You might know I have an 89 Reatta with the CRT. I was the comptroller for an Acura dealer for almost 8 years. Acuras are fine cars with very few problems. I would certainly recommend them. As already pointed out, they are nothing more than a Honda with a college education. Style like beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but I like the interior of the Acura better than the Honda. Also, I found the seats to be more comforable in the Acura. One word of caution, there are an American car dealership almost in any town. With cars like the Acura, Lexus, BMW, ect, that is not always the case. Be sure you live close to a dealership, other wise it could be a headache trying to get it fixed while under warranty. Howard

Well thanks for the info on your acura. I got one last Fri. a 3.2tl, and never in buying a new car would I guess I would have trouble. . Some brake broblem, and that caused the car to not shift correctly. Real long story short. They picked up the car mon. a.m. and I had my money back , at the end of the day.Can you believe that. Brand new,and they fixed the what they called , something that has never happended before, a bracket not installed correctly.I guess thats what you get for crossing what I call over to a diferent brand.But the dealership people were very good about it all. They now have acar to sell with 184 miles . Comments any one?You can e-mail if your interested in more detail. frown.gif" border="0