Interesting project

I've been watching for a 38 or 39 Ford pickup or sedan delivery. I ran across a 39 cab and frame with all running gear intact. The guy who owns it says it's a 3-ton chassis. It has dual wheels, closed driveline, single speed rear axle, 85HP flattie. It appears to be 90% complete, is not rusted out, and the engine is not set-up. It would likely be a 1-2 year restoration for me, doing most of the work myself. (not going for a #1, a high #3 would likely be the result.)

My idea is to take care of the chassis and cab, then find a 50s or 60s travel trailer and mount it onto the truck. Sort of a 50s version of a class C motor home. Make the necessary modifications so that it looks like it came on the truck, and set it up for weekend camping trips, within 2-300 miles, maybe to drag a bike along, or whatever. Gentle trips at 45-50 MPH should be within the limitations of this old iron. Are medium trucks of this vintage tough enough to haul maybe 3000 lb around regularly? I wouldn't think that a 14-16' trailer would be heavier than that.

opinions?