WTB 1964 Wildcat harmonic balancer

Guest imported_MrEarl

Guest imported_MrEarl

Found one. This was for a fellow that must be 80 years old as I went to school with his son. He had been looking for one for a couple of months so boy did I make his day when I called him and told him I had found one. Found it out in California at Russell Martins.Russell said these things are getting scarce. If any of you aren't familiar with Russell, he is THE Nailhead Guru and is a regular on the NailheadBuick yahoo group.Really great guy. Here is his info in case anyone needs anything or has questions about a nailhead.

Russell Martin

CENTERVILLE AUTO REPAIR

37276 Maple St. Fremont, Ca. 94536

(510)794-7055 fax (510)794-6818

www.nailheadbuick.com

Guest imported_Thriller

Buicks.net has some stuff listed by year to the model level...they won't have things like how many four speeds were purple with green interiors.

That should be a nice car. Feel free to share some photos in the "Me and My Buicks" forum.

there were 356 2-door sport coupes built in 1964

i dont know the total of 4-door and conv.

all 4-speed cars were built in flint so the vin should show that.

the serial # that matches the car vin should be on the top of the trans

i had to pull mine to find it.

i hope this helps matt(4-speed)has way more knowledge on these cars than anyone else.i hope this helps.

scott

19+64 wildcat 425 2-4bbls 4-speed

• 5 months later...
Guest imported_MrEarl

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i went out to the garage

let russel know Greg H has 18 of these from the old nailheads if he needs them

63 to 66 401/425 interchange

thanks

Greg </div></div>

Greg, looks like the old gentleman will be needing another one. got one for sell?

Did I hear 4-speed?

OLDBUICKSINCLT, is the car a 401 or 425? Single 4 or dual 4? A/C or non-A/C? There is no website with this info, but Ted Nagel went through the time and effort to contact the Sloan and get the daily production sheets and glean from them the number of 4-speed cars built, breaking the numbers down by motor, carbueration, options, etc. If you have this info, I can give you a production number. Tell us more about your car!

Lamar, didn't mean to hijack your thread, so I do apologize.

Matt