Reatta Homecoming Early Pics

JWC

April and I want to thank all the people that showed up with their beautiful Reattas of the Homecoming event. It is beause of all of you that it was the success it was. And a special thanks to Roberta for keeping our registration/ information post at the top of the forum for so long. Thanks also to the ones that volunteered to help out, especially our 2 daughters, who gave up their weekend for mom and dad. And lastly, thanks to the Reatta Div. for your support.

Thanx 2 April & Ron Gill for hosting a wonderfull event!

I learned the only other Black/Flame Reatta on the road was destroyed in a house fire recently, making "Black Beauty" the only one left on the road.

Her sister is the last Reatta convertible built, and resides in GM's Heritage collection.

We were always bringing-up the rear of the Reatta convoys this weekend, representing the last convertible built, and even acquired the plaque made for the last ragtop, (from Fred, a craft centre employee), who had made the plaque for the last convertible celebration at the Craft Centre, years ago. We even got a UAW/Craft Centre coverall, worn by Gary, as he built our cars. Another Craft Centre employee, John, gave us an original "OK to Ship" window sticker for our car, and he subsequently gave all in attendance some of these. He's April & Ron's daughter's father-in-law, small world, Huh?

The pinnacle was driving "Black Beauty" in the wedding parade, with the groom sitting on the back! A finer hearse has never graced such a nuptual!

Best Reatta gathering we've attended, yet!!

Thanx again, April and Ron!!!

Randy I know we should of turned left instead of following the bride BUT I know I would have never heard the end of that, and after 18 years of being together I dont think that would have been in my best interest.

Thanks for driving, we had a great time.

• 2 weeks later...

Getting.........no.............. already have it........yes

He only wanted $1500 and the tires that were on it are new. I found a receipt in the glove box for them and they cost $452, not sure what were going to do with the car but for now it's sitting in the drive way.

All the car seems to need is brake work, if you keep firm pressure on the pedal it will slowly go to the floor, I assume it will need a master cylinder, or if you have another idea what's wrong please let me know.

412989-_3-Reatta.jpg

John

post-36162-143137908074_thumb.jpg