enameled gas cap?

Guest bgl0b6

Guest bgl0b6

I have a 1930's Pierce Arrow gas cap,chrome w/ the pierce emblem enameld in it,any idea what year/years they used these.Also what would a clean original one be worth? Thanks Mike

I dont know for sure,it fits the gas tank on my 1966 Chevy truck,looks just like it,everythings the same as my Chevy gas cap except it has the Pierce Arrow logo enameled into the top.It looks very nice,almost like a reflecter

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well,I stand corrected,you got it I think.I sure figured it was a gas capbut that sure looks like what I got.Now the big question,what years and whats it worth in nice shape?Thanks for the info....Mike

Guest 31Pierce43

I agree with the earlier suggestions. This sounds like the cloisonne crankhole cover badge. If it is like the one in the earlier attachment, it fits 1932-1935 Pierce Arrows. If the badge is mounted on a chrome "cap" with knurling around the perimeter, it is likely for a 1932. In '33 through '35, the crankhole cover badge mounted directly to the chrome radiator surround via a stud on the back of the badge going through a hole in the chrome grille and being retained by a hex nut. The key to value of these is the quality of the plating aound the edge, and whether the cloisonne has been cracked or is flaking off because of overtightening of the threaded fastener causing the badge to bend or distort. These have been reproduced over the years. Nice originals could be worth around $100 or so.

Happy Motoring

31Pierce43

Guest 31Pierce43

TheMoneyPit,

The Pierce badge shown in your latest attachment, in the middle of the bottom row of your display, is for the "later" cars, namely 1936-1938 Pierce.

All the best.

31Pierce43