1963 Olds 98 Custom sport coupe

Guest JL59

Hello;

I looked at a 63 custom sports coupe the other day. It was white with black buckets and console. Interior was in great shape and engine and tranny have been overhauled. The only thing is the original white paint is faded and needs to be done again. I drove this car and it drives great. The guy wants $3500 for it. Is this a good deal, or am I not making a good buy. I am a buick guy and just don't know much about oldsmobiles. Thanks for any input you can give me.

Jeff

tfl3729@blackfoot.net

If paint is all this car needs, yes. $3500 is nearly a steal. CSC are very rare though a lot of 64's have been coming out of the woodwork the last year or so.

CSC are basically Ninety-Eights with Starfire drivetrain and interior.

If you like the car, give it a nice home. It's comparable to a bucket seat Electra. Just remember that if you decide to sell it, it's not what is currently considered an "investment car" (I HATE that description!) and may take a while to move.

• 3 weeks later...

Glenn got to me before I did. I would have much the same comments. The Electra sport coupe had a bucket seat (mini) console option. The Olds 98 CSC even added a console/tach. $3500 is a great price IF the drivetrain rebuild was done right.