Aftermarket Keyless Entry

Guest inthespot

Guest inthespot

Has anyone had an aftermarket keyless entry unit installed on a Reatta and if so what brand? I have worked with mine till I'm blue in the face and can not get it to work. I got a cat unit (ab00702t) and tried it and could not get it to program. My trunk only works part of the time. If you are standing right there to lift it up it will work. If you use the glove box unit it will reseat before you get to the back to lift the lid.

I have just like to get in the car and trunk with out standing and pushing buttons for several minutes then digging for a key.

Guest inthespot

Yes I did and thanks, the hitch looked ok but the girl look real good. I have decided on it and think I will go for a young girl and skip the hitch.

Just kidding, I like the hitch but still I want one that I do not have to bolt through the trunk. May not be possible without a lot of work and guess I will have to get someone to make me one and just drill for the bolts. I do not weld but have a friend who does and I am going to let him look at it and see what he thinks.

I had a local stereo shop install an alarm/keyless/remote start on mine. Dropped quite a bit of $$ on the whole thing as I went with all the extras but they didn't seem to have any problems hooking up the keyless to the existing system. You might want to call around the local stereo/alarm shops and see if they can give you some advice. Ultimate Electronics usually has a pretty good staff on hand.

I have used both the Buldog and the ICD (JCW) remote entry systems. Both are about the same price but the ICD has recessed buttons which makes it harder to activate accidently in your pocket.

Have a factory system from an 89 I plan to install in my 88 - it has all of the wiring to disable the anti-theft module.