Modified judging

streetrod

I need help I would like to enter my 40 Buick street rod in the nats but not sure on class or judging. The car is radical won some Good Guy events but my problem is the drive train is Chevy. How does the 400 point system work. Will I have to many points off to contend for an award? Please look at my pictures posted in the My Buick section under my radical 40 Buick or search using my user Id or type in streetrod as key word. I have to get regestered by Wed the 15th but if you think I dont stand a chance I hate to drive all that way.

Thanks for your help

Dennis

post-45786-143137898176_thumb.jpg

Dennis, that's a good looking modified vehicle.

On to the "other stuff" . . . the "400 Point Judging System" does not apply to the Buick Modified Division, who has their own method of judging and a unique judging sheet. I also suspect that you'll need to be a "member-in-good-standing" of the Buick Modified Division in order to participate in the show, just as you have to be a BCA member to participate in the show events at the BCA Nationals.

There is a link to the Buick Modified Division on the right hand menu of the BCA website "home page". It has Keith's contact information on it. Keith will be the one to give you answers to your concerns.

With regard to the engine, reading the statement on the Buick Modified Division linked page, it sounds like that if you might have a big block Chevy in the vehicle, there's no question that it would not be allowed. With a small block Chevy V-8, it might be different. These are my gut suspicions, but Keith would be the one to make the official answer.

In some earlier threads on modified vehicles (in this forum), there were comments of just "how Buick" the vehicle should be. This was about two years ago. Orientations varied from Buick-engine-only to the more liberal "GM Corporate" engine as stated on the Buick Modified Division's link.

One thing to remember, as with the 400 Point Judging System, the judging systems used in the various car show/display activities at the BCA National Meets can be highly unique to these meets. In other words, what might work at AACA, ISCA, or GoodGuys might not work at the BCA meets.

Contact Keith and see what his answers might be to your concerns.

Respectfully,

Willis Bell 20811

Director, North Texas Chapter