Parts

Guest 1929Chandler

Guest 1929Chandler

Hi, Hope everyone and thier projects are doing good and going forward. I just found a Schebler Type S carberator. My 29 Chandler has a Carter BB1 that the previous owner put on it.I have pulled it off to paint the motor.I would like to rebuild both carbs. while I have them off. I plan to put the Schebler on because It came with one. Keep the Carter for backup unless a Club member need it. Can anyone recomend a good place to get rebuild kits for them ?

Thanks again for any help!!!

Guest 1929Chandler

Thanks Chris, I will give this a try.

Now I have another problem that I hope someone can help me with.

I am working on my neighbors 1969 Ford F-100 6 cylinder automatic Good Humor Ice Cream Truck. The automatic transmission was changed one year again and I am not sure as to the type. The pan has 11 bolts and the dipstick tube goes into the side of the pan if this helps.

My problem is when the truck sets for a few days it leaks about a 1 1/2 quarts of fluid onto the floor. The best we can tell the leak comes from the left side-top of the case. There is a tube, which I believe to be a breather tube and the leak seems to be coming from that tube.

Has anyone ever heard of this problem or experienced the same problem? I was under the assumption the tube would only leak if it was over full. The dipstick reads full, if it is the correct dipstick.

Any help with this would be deeply appreciated.

Thanks,

Roger