Replacing Rear Motor Mounts

its a V-12

Can someone please direct me to an instruction manual or other souce of information on how to replace the rear motor mounts in a '48 LC, V-12. It does'nt appear to be difficult but some folks are telling me that its major surgery. True? I do have the new mounts but now need to install. As always, I would appreciate your feed back...Regards...Rock

"I think we are going to need more men".

Col Travis, Alamo

Replacing the rear support mount is not too bad of a job. Here is what the repair manual says: Remove the floor plate. Remove the two bolts which secure the support to the cross member. Place a jack under the rear of the engine oil pan. Place a block of wood between the jack and the bottom of the oil pan. Raise the engine enough to remove any weight from the the support. Remove the cap screws which secure the support to the transmission, and remove the support. To install, place the support in position on the transmission and secure it with cap screws. Remove the jack. Install the two bolts and nuts to secure the support to the crossmember. Install the floor plate.

You'll probably find it easier to unbolt the front seat frame and position back in order to remove the floor plate. I might add that the rear support mount is a one piece unit. Good luck, Dee