1983 Buick Le Sabre

jonlabree

I have a few questions for the Buick people about selling a car.

Someone told my Mother in law that her 1983 Buick Le Sabre 4 door

/less than 50,000 miles is or could be worth some money. It is a Fl.

car and has the usual wear for less than 50K. Some dings and scrapes,

never been wrecked. silver blue paint/w white vinyl roof and blue interior.

Can some one tell me what it is worth??

I have my doubts about the value of it.

I have some experience with this generation of GM full size car and others might chim in as well. Without looking at it and based only on your description, it should be worth from $750 to $2200. I have owned a 85 LeSabre 4 door sedan, just sold a 77 Olds 98 Regency 4 door for $1225 on ebay that had 31 people looking and had 103,000 one owner miles. I then turned around and purchased a 88 Buick Estate Wagon for $350.

We see these cars on here from time to time and there are always a few on ebay from Buick and Oldsmobile. (I don't check Chevy Caprices) The really low mileage 2 doors can go as high as $4000 but that is rare. There are a lot of buyers in the Florida market so I suspect your Mom's car is more around a $1500 to $2200 car. Because it's a four door it is not as highly sought as a 2 door model which tended to be sportier, with Buick Rallyes and some had sport steering wheels and halo half vinyl tops, etc.

So the good news is there is demand out there for these cars but they watch what they pay for them, partly because they are built so well, and last a long time.

Hope that helps.

Jake2

I concur with what 3Jakes said. I've owned 1977, 1978, and 1979 LeSabre coupes, all with fairly low mileage, in decent condition. They are very good cars, but I bought the '78 for $500 two years ago with 60,000 miles. I bought the '77 4 or 5 years ago for $2200, but it was an exceptional landau coupe with chrome Buick wheels, 64,000 miles, red & white, and very nice. The '77 was in between those two prices, with lower mileage, but not as nice of condition. A 4-door will bring less.

Pete Phillips, BCA #7338

Sherman, TX