Adjusting Linkage on a dual gate car

Dan30thz28

Hello everyone,

I was blessed to trade my 1997 30th Annivesary Z28 for a 1970 Olds Cutlass SX. I have two problems, and these are my questions. 1. How do you adjust the linkage on a hurst dual gate shifter? 2. What components could be broken if my fuel guage doesn't work? Thanks and I look forward to your repsonses.

Sincerely,

Dan Maldonado

The 1970 chassis service manual shows floorshift linkage adjustments, but doesn't specifically show the D/G so I'm not sure if same procedure applies. Try realoldspower.com or 442.com ; someone there may have more info.

First things to check on a malfunctioning fuel gage are that the ground and sender unit wire connections are good, clean and tight at the tank. If those are good, then it's either the sender unit itself or the gage. Several companies rebuild sender units- one I've used is AutoInstruments in Martinsville VA, mainly because it's close to home. www.autoinstruments.com

Enjoy your SX. It's a street fighter in a Brooks Brothers suit. Probably not quite as quick or responsive as the Z was, but it's a different type of car from a different time.