Reliable Transmission Shop Anyone?

oldefar

Does anyone out there know of a reliable Transmission Shop that sell rebuildt auto. trans outright (no core) and ship overseas? I am doing this for a friend of mine (a very nice, kind and helpful person) who owns a Pontiac Parisienne Station Wagon with a 1986 Oldsmobile 307 cid engine and a shot TH 200 R4 automatic transmission. I guess we could probabely ship the old trans as a core, but it would probabely be more expensive than to buy the rebuildt trans without a core. e-mail or FAX/phone no. including area code would be greatly appreciated. I would APPRECIATE VERY MUCH any info and help to help my friend on this matter.THANK YOU!

Einar in Norway, always a smile.gif

For a car that new I would absolutely go with a Jasper rebuilt unit www.jasperengines.com they have a huge plant in Indiana where they run an assembly line--each day they run a particular model of trans. All soft and hard parts are replaced, the facility is very clean. They back their work up with an iron-clad warranty. I have had very positive results with their engines and transmissions. they come pallet mounted, and would not be difficult to ship overseas. I have had so many bad experiences with transmission shops. They are filthy. there are stacks upon stacks of parts covering every horizontal surface in the shop area. Most replace the one broken or excessively worn parts and call it "rebuilt". And it's about the same money as a Jasper (true) rebuild.

Jasper could tell you which of their customer/shops could handle an export shipment.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys.

I'm really sorryfor not getting back to you sooner blush.gif But I have been waiting for my friend to get the trans out of his car. They wanted a lot of info about the car, the engine and rear axle and all at the Jasper place in order to just give me a price. But they seem to be very profesional. They even explained the difference between rebuilding and remanufacturing. They did remanufaturing, which, according to themselfs, was much better than rebuilding. They test all transmissions before shipping them off to the customer and had a really grate warraty.

About the guy in Holland, I am sure he is doing a great job too, so when my friend finally get around to get the trans out of his car tongue.gif we will compare prises and warranties. Thank you very much for helping out. Einar, always a smile.gif