60 Buick - Blower Door Not Opening

Smartin

I posted this on Buick-59.com as well...attempting to get as many opinions as possible.

Another problem on the 60 - The door that opens for air flow from the blower will not open. I checked the vacuum line coming to it, and the vac signal is very weak. It is coming from the brass tee assembly on top of the intake manifold, and the vacuum is very weak there, also. BUT the motor is pulling very healthy vacuum. I disconnected the brake booster line from the brass tee, and it is really pulling some air. Sooo...I've got a problem here. How do I get more vacuum to the area I need it most? Do I need to replace the brass tee? Or is it clogged?

The door moves freely by hand, but I believe the vac can may also have a small leak as well. Where can I find one of these?

I bought a vacuum control on eBay a few years ago. They show up every once and a while.

I thinnk clearly you should replace the "T" and see if that works. New lines would be a $2 insurance policy as well. Check the old ones with pipe cleaners to see if there's any gas or oil residue inside which caused the problem and may mean you have more work to do.

Good Luck!

Rich Gibbs pointed me to Old Air Products in Ft. Worth that carries the acutator I have pictured above. It seems that the same part is used for many models and years. I looked up 1971 Buick, and they have a few listed that look exactly the same as this one. They're nearly $40 - I am wondering if it is worth the risk to buy it and hope it works!