reatta vs toronado trofeo

Hello, I'm interested in buying a reatta for my wife and I,already have our third LeSabre for travel and comfort.We used to buy Olds 88 before all the changes and switched to LeSabre in 92.<BR> My question is what are the similarities between the the Toronado in 91 and the Reatta? Where can I find production figures on the Olds products?<BR>Please bear with me, this is the first time I've ever posted any questions but I enjoyed this site since finding it last month( new computer). Thanks, jimmy <BR>

I keep looking for a Toronado to buy, but no such luck anywhere close to where I live. I think its the nicest car next to the Reatta around. Just my opinion!

Guest trofeo73

I have an 89 trofeo; the powertrains are identicle, but I think the trofeo uses a 2.84:1 ratio. It would be nice to swap a 3.33:1 trans from an 89 bonneville SSE...Like Reattas, they are hard to find. Both are nice cars.

The Trofeo has a longer wheelbase if you line them up side-by-side. Also, the fancy dash board (not sure if this was retained in the 91 model) has LOTS more settings and controls than the Reatta.<P>Trofeo is not as much of sports car as the Reatta, IMHO. But it is WAY cool. Nice ride.<P>

Hi there,<BR>I have just recently sold my 1992 Olds Toronado Trofeo, it had only done 86K miles and pampered, had the Visual Info Display in Color unlike the Reatta, and all the bells and whistles, I had a terrible time selling it as it looked too good to be true-Well maintained and in prestine condition with all the original books and service records.I have had to drop the price down almost $5k less than what I had paid for it.<BR>I love Buicks, and have a Black 1988 Reatta Coupe the wife drives this one throughout the year, and 1990 White Convertible with just 25K miles,this one had hard starting problem sometimes though after replacing the coil pack fixed the problem.<BR>I also have my daily driver a 1991 Riviera, and am looking for a 1993 Riviera ,possibly low Kms and White with the White Opera Roof.<BR>The engines are similar, though the Trofeo was slightly longer and hence moved off slowly.<P>Prakash<BR>