Rear oval windows

Joe Block

There a rear window for sate on ebay, I looking for one for my formal sedan 42.

I not anywhere near where the storage unit is.

Does any one have the size. pattern or details.

here the large one

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1,1&item=4610156184&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT

here the small one

This includes a bebeled glass and frame which would be nice. 11-3/4 x 7

There two oval rear window on ebay. I looking for a rollston 4042 rear window.

would either if these be correct. Hoping.

--------------------

42 Packard in their glory, three Packards all of them 42's oneparts car plus a basket case formal and my drive 42 seven pasenger Limo. Wanted Air Conditioner for the Formal and seven passenger 180's. I found the rear unit, i still need the other pieces. I rather be driving a Lebaron Limo. Lage on 19-3/4 x 9-3/4 smaller one 34_1.JPG

Joe,

The formal sedan window is much wider than the one you've attached, and it has a nice convex curve to it (It would be hard to reproduce). The oval window that Rollson used was flat, and much smaller than the formal window, and used no metal frame (the padded top wrapped around and met the window). What Rollson did was to remove the original large window and built a wood frame in the space for a smaller window.

We have restored both a formal and a Rollson town car. I'll see if I can get measurements of both for you, however the town car is in a shop at the moment.