WANTED: Reatta Vent Windows

• 2 weeks later...

I AM THE SUPPLIER OF THE REATTA VENT WINDOW<BR>REPLACEMENT MADE OF POLY-CARB TINTED ,MARR<BR>PROOF PRICE $105,00EA, WITH PROPER TYPE OF <BR>ADHESIVE FROM 3-M PLUS SHIPPING HAVE PRESENTLY DRIVER .AND PASSENGER SIDES AVAILABLE MANY INSURANCE COMPANIES GOING TO THIS WINDOW CALL ME AT 810-655-6113 OR FAX 810-655-2211 GOING INTO SECOND PRODUCTION<BR>NEXT WEEK <P>------------------<BR>

I sure would like to hear from someone who has installed one of these windows. How easy is it to do the installation? Most importantly, does the window look good when it is installed?<P>There has been a lot of discussion here about these polycarbonate replacements. They are, of course, not original so the guys that are into judging are not interested in this option. For drivers, however, this may be a reasonably priced alternative. But only if it looks good.<P>Anybody out there willing to give a testimonial?

• 6 months later...
Guest Greg Ross

In June 2000 I had the misadventure of breaking my Passenger side fixed Vent. That episode is in fact how I discovered this Site.<BR>At that particular time Speedway was quoting $1200. so I opted for Plexi until I could locate one at a somewhat more reasonable price. I as well produced an installation procedure that was shared with a few folks here at that time.<BR>As long as Mr Salsbury has been faithful in reproducing the blackout detail on his offering I think you'd be very pleased with the appearance. I would hope he offers photos to prospective buyers to sample his Wares.<BR>The installation is definitely not for the Faint-of-heart. I cannot see any practical way of doing it In-situ. The frame must be removed from the door and where you are starting with a flat piece of plastic that must be coaxed into shape and then clamped, there's no other practical way.<BR>Timewise I was about 4 hrs. including making the template and finish fitting what I installed, overnight to cure and then a couple of hours the following day to bore out the triangular opening for the mirror mount. That had to be done in-situ to use the steel bracket as the guide for the opening.<BR>The flaw in my process was using the sealer/ bonding material as the Blackout (not prepainted) After a couple of weeks the plexi started to separate in a couple of small areas where the highest clamping pressure had been applied. It never leaked but the visual integrity was lost. <BR>I did eventually locate a replacement frame for a somewhat more reasonable price and that now resides in my passenger door.<BR>Good Luck as Prakash would say! tongue.gif" border="0