vintage auto part identification

maybell

Good day. I am a new member and I recently inherited a barn full of old auto parts as well as a list of vintage automobiles. I envision long nights trying to identify box after box of vintage parts and I would like to ask if anyone can help direct me to any places where I can look up and identify auto parts using manufacturers names and part numbers. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Maybell,

I'm the webmaster here.

Just a word of advice to you, and to others who chat with you about your cars:

There are many scams going around the net about people with large collections of cars and parts. No specifics. The seller sucks people in and sells something they dont have.

I strongly suggest you contact a local AACA club in your area. They can help you access your collection and point out the best way to liquidate it.

Find a list of local clubs at:

http://www.aaca.org/regions/list.aspx

Or if you like, feel free to call me and I can give you some pointers.

Peter Gariepy

AACA Webmaster

520-991-7940

Thank you for the info. I will be listing any parts that I can identify on ebay and following Mr.Gariepy's advice. I wanted folks to know that I'm not a scammer and my question was an honest one. I can hardly turn around in my barn and I seek only advice. Thanks again.

Maybell

You might also want to check out this website...www.partsvoice.com. It is an excellent site that allows you to enter a part number, description, or whatever you have and will give you what tell you what the part belongs to. It may not have all your parts, but so far I have had great success using the site.

Also, I would love to hear about the cars that you have in the Barn...what is for sale and what you would be asking for them.

Good luck to you.