Help! Advice Needed for Website.

I am trying to revive a 'lost' newsletter for 1&2 cylinder REOs and need some advice. I would like to publish on a website instead of a newsletter -- the overall costs should be less. I browsed through this section and need additional info.

I gather the AACA website uses MS Front Page. I am impressed with the results and did not know that Front Page was so robust. Is Front Page the best way to go?

I noticed that MS Publisher also allows you to edit Web pages. Do y'all out there have a preference -- Front Page or Publisher?

I have been looking around for a web hosting site but have not found a clear favorite. Any recommendations? I plan to start small and grow incrementally.

Thanks in advance for any advice you have. I plan to read this section religiously from now on.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am trying to revive a 'lost' newsletter for 1&2 cylinder REOs and need some advice. I would like to publish on a website instead of a newsletter -- the overall costs should be less. I browsed through this section and need additional info.

I gather the AACA website uses MS Front Page. I am impressed with the results and did not know that Front Page was so robust. Is Front Page the best way to go?

I noticed that MS Publisher also allows you to edit Web pages. Do y'all out there have a preference -- Front Page or Publisher?

I have been looking around for a web hosting site but have not found a clear favorite. Any recommendations? I plan to start small and grow incrementally.

Thanks in advance for any advice you have. I plan to read this section religiously from now on. </div></div>

I will try to help you but remember this is my opinion only.

1) Some people like Front Page very much others do not. I use a couple of different programs including Front Page. It depends on how much knowledge you have of writing code. If you know how to do it and you are going to load it via ftp then you can use Note Pad or Word Pad to edit your site. If you have no experience in web sites then stick to a program such as Front Page. Most web site hosting companies support Front Page, you just have to ask them.

As to web hosting, you can get anything from Free to hundreds of dollars per month. If you will send me a Private Message (PM) I can give you some sites to check out.

Brian

Guest Moepar

If you don't know how to do a website by writing html code, then use a web page creating program such as FrontPage or DreamWeaver MX. If your computer came with one of those (mine came loaded with FrontPage), then use it. If you don't know how, get a book on it, & some colleges have courses on how to use it. I'm taking a course on html online, they also have courses on both FrontPage & Dreamweaver. If you need a link to that college, PM me. grin.gif

I had tried using MS Publisher on a personal website. I wasn't happy with it-does a bang up job on newsletters, but with some website servers it's not really compatible (it was with '98 Publisher or earlier, so maybe they worked out some of those bugs with the newer versions>, but now that I have FrontPage I have not tried that route again with the newer version I have of Publisher