HAPPY NEW YEAR

JohnD1956

yea, winter's nearly half over.

Its been so unusually warm around here, I took a peek at the 47 in cold storage and took the cover off the Caballero to figure out the next 'jobs' to do on the slow process of bringing it back to life.

Happy New Year!

dec30107dq.jpg

dec30392ip.jpg

Hi Ewing. Where did you decide to start?

I may have hit it lucky. Turns out my neighbor's daughter's boyfriend is a welder. He offered to come over and help me get the patch panel on the Electra. From there it's up to me, but I'm psyched to give it a go.

post-32834-14313788195_thumb.jpg

Guest imported_Thriller

Happy New Year...let's see, winter started Dec. 21...that's 10 days ago, so winter is over in another 10 days? smirk.gif More like 3 months in these parts.

I'm not sure if it is good or bad, but I've been spending more time lately ice fishing than worrying about old Buicks. That being said, this coming week should mean the '66 Wildcat will be tuned and running nicely.

I'm looking forward to a good Buick year...we just got the Rainier, the Wildcat is being resurrected, the National in Rochester is close for me and we are already booked in...with the Rainier, now the beautiful thing is that I can travel to a show and still be in a Buick if need be grin.gif

Well, I'm not a welder, but having replaced a lot of sheet metal in the 47, and having stayed at a Holiday Inn [ that won't mean anything to you if you haven't seen their ad on TV], I am becoming a proficient backyard welder. That, and scavenging all the tips I can from 'old timers' helps. I plan to start on the floor panels and work my way out.

This spring, I plan to pull the engine and transmission out and get them cleaned up ( rebuilt probably, but we'll have to see what they need).

I want to get at the brakes this summer and if all goes well , put the interior back in. I have already re stitched and repaired the original seats and panels and they are in the basement waiting to go back in.

My winter clean and repair jobs are all done already, all the lights are cleaned and working, trailmasters are working, power antenna is working again, trim is polished up ( for the most part), and that 58 'dynastar' grill is cleaned, background painted, all the squares are polished up real purty.

Winter is just a form of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it don't matter.

Cheers.

Guest imported_Thriller

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Winter is just a form of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it don't matter.</div></div>

Insulated / heated garages don't hurt for that either, eh John? grin.gif

Good to hear you have made some good progress...if you are done all your winter projects, maybe I can come up with some make work stuff for you shocked.gifgrin.gif

I look forward to a time when I have a place I can actually store my own cars and have a spot to work on them.

Actually, I don't subscribe to the 4 seasons notion of winter, spring, summer and fall. There are just 2 seasons. Driving season and storage season. I choose to believe that storage season is half over.

[ a heated garage couldn't hurt for sure...]

Guest Shaffer

Yes, Happy New Year, even though it is already January 2nd here in the eastern time zone as I type this.

Like spring here today, it was 63* and 66* forecasted tomorrow, with a high risk of damaging thunderstorms. shocked.gif