updated region web site

Guest snkchevcol

Guest snkchevcol

Just a quick note to all the DFR's and others that have been to the Roanoke Valley Region web site and seen that it was way out of date. We are finally back on the current status! <BR>I brought up at the last board meeting that I thought the web page needed to be updated to current times (it was well over a year since the last update). The gentlemen that was taking care of the web said he would talk to peter at philly and see what needed to be done to get it over on the the AACA site.<BR>Well to make a long story short, it was swithched over to the AACA site from hemmings, but the club needed a new webmaster to take care of everything and keep it current. Everybody in the club that was at philly kept hinting to me all weekend that I was the perfect person for the job. I didn't go to philly thinking I would come home a webmaster, but I guess I got volunteered. <BR>Anyway the site is finally up and running. Keep in mind a month ago I didn't know the first thing about designing a web, so it is learn as I go. If any of you visit the site I would be open to all comments and suggestions. I can promise you that it will be kept up to date this time around!<P>Rock

Great news Rocky - will look forward to looking at the site. It really is fantastic what a visit to the Annual Meeting can do to enthuse our members to get more involved - but as one of the long term DFers, you know that. You other guys and gals go visit Rocky's site and give him any feedback you want - he'll appreciate it!!!

First, Rocky, let me commend you on the excellent template choice. (It just happens to be the same one we use on the Wisconsin Region's website.)<P>For a novice, you sure have mastered some of the bells & whistles. I'm quite impressed, especially since I haven't figured some of that stuff out yet. For example, how did you get the buttons to appear on the lefthand side of all your pages? My links to the pages show up on the home page, but not on the other pages after that. When I look at a specific page in FrontPage, it looks like I could put buttons there, but I haven't found the "how-to" yet. I've substituted hot links at the end of each page instead, which results in a bit of work if I add or move pages. <P>Keep on evolving your site. It can be addictive. At least I've found it to be so. smile.gif<P>Jan K.<BR>Web Editor<BR>Wis Region AACA <A HREF="http://www.aaca.org/wisconsin" TARGET=_blank>http://www.aaca.org/wisconsin</A>