Body manual

Guest tv56

Hello people!

I am wondering if buick offered a manual such as the service manual

for body repairs. I know there is a parts manual out there showing

panels and moulding location etc. I am looking for something that

gives specs on body measurements, alignments, adjustments...

Anyone know of such a thing? Maybe where I can buy it?

Thanks,

Tom V

From what I have seen of the GM Body Service Manuals, they were reasonably generic in that they covered the whole GM carline series rather than just one particular make of GM vehicle. In many cases, they did not have the complete wiring diagrams either--the wiring diagrams were a completely separate issue and were specific to year and make and model of GM vehicle.

Some of the body dimensions and measurements and how to adjust the body panels for correct alignment can be covered in the Buick Chassis Manual. In my '68 Buick Chassis Service Manual, it has a complete section on how to get the body panel/hood/deck lid alignment fits to be "in tolerance". It also has wiring diagrams and such too.

Key thing would be to identify just what you are looking for and find out of the Chassis Service Manual covers it. If it does not (depending upon the year and model of vehicle), then you'll need to inquire about the "Body Service Manual" for the particular year of vehicle and possibly a separate "Wiring Diagram" publication. What's printed where can vary from one era to another, year model wise. And then somewhere about model year 2000, GM went straight "Internet" with this stuff so the printing of paper manuals as we used to know them stopped for the newer models. The dealership tech accesses a particular website page and chooses what they need to find and it prints out locally. Wiring diagrams, circuit descriptions, repair proceedures, etc. all Internet-based now, for the newer models. Helm might still build them, but they aren't automatically supplied to the dealerships as they used to be. This way, it's also much easier to make revisions and updates of the various items on file (for the newer models).

Enjoy!

NTX5467