Were Reattas only available in US?

I saw this ad for sale on Canadatrader.com. The car is located in Chilliwack BC Canada.<P>The ad reads:<P>90 Convertable. Silver, 39950 KM's, $29,995.<P>That's all fine, but the discription goes on to say: ONLY 1 REATTA BUILT LIKE THIS ("like what" I thought) CAME TO CANADA & THIS IS IT! COMES WITH ORIGINAL ENGINEERS DRAWINGS.<P>I'm just wondering if Reattas were only available in the US or if any were sold (new)in Canada. If not, then I wonder how my car got here?

Guest Stan Leslie

Reattas were "exported" to Canada for sale. I'm not sure how many, but for 91 at least, a Canadian sold Reatta would have daytime running lights (on Reattas that was the fog lights). In other words the fog lights would be on anytime the car was running and in gear. I'm not sure if this was true on the 88-90. It is possible that this was the only silver 90 convertible in Canada, but I doubt that as well. There is probably also a specific code on the SPO label that denotes Canadian export also.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Canadian Girl:<BR><B>I saw this ad for sale on Canadatrader.com. The car is located in Chilliwack BC Canada.<P>The ad reads:<P>90 Convertable. Silver, 39950 KM's, $29,995.<P>That's all fine, but the discription goes on to say: ONLY 1 REATTA BUILT LIKE THIS ("like what" I thought) CAME TO CANADA & THIS IS IT! COMES WITH ORIGINAL ENGINEERS DRAWINGS.<P>I'm just wondering if Reattas were only available in the US or if any were sold (new)in Canada. If not, then I wonder how my car got here?</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>

Hey Canadian girl, if you can, email me the address in Chilliwack, or post it here, of where that Reatta is located, I'd just like to check it out for the fun of it. Sounds really expensive, I saw another convertible near here for $30,000 but it had less than 3,500 kilometers on it, it was white with burg. int. Signed, another Canadian girl. dustyjil@hotmail.com

there must be more than 1 car in canada I have a 1990 reatta, build for canada<BR>running lights on all the time . no adjustments burgundy coupe I just shipped it <BR>to Florida for the winter. QUOTE]Originally posted by Canadian Girl:<BR><B>I saw this ad for sale on Canadatrader.com. The car is located in Chilliwack BC Canada.<P>The ad reads:<P>90 Convertable. Silver, 39950 KM's, $29,995.<P>That's all fine, but the discription goes on to say: ONLY 1 REATTA BUILT LIKE THIS ("like what" I thought) CAME TO CANADA & THIS IS IT! COMES WITH ORIGINAL ENGINEERS DRAWINGS.<P>I'm just wondering if Reattas were only available in the US or if any were sold (new)in Canada. If not, then I wonder how my car got here?</B><P>------------------<BR><p>[This message has been edited by WILLIAMSALISBURY (edited 12-05-2000).]

Reattas exported to Canada should have code "T61" for daylight running lights.<P>I have ask several owners in Canada to send me the codes from the Service Parts Identification Label, but none have. <BR>If you have a Canadian car and are bored, send me the codes. <P>------------------<BR>Barney Eaton Reatta technical advisor for BCA and keeper of the Reatta database.

Just went to check out this car and it was sold. Salesman had no idea about engineers drawings. I would have liked to see them, if there were any! I kind of have a feeling that it went to another dealer, just by the way the guy was talking , although he wouldn't say. Keep your eyes open for this car to reappear on the west coast.

Hi ,<BR> we have 2 x Reatta's, one a 1988 Black Coupe, my wife's daily driver, and a 1991 Riviera my daily driver,a 1992 Olds Toronado Trofeo also White with Navy Leather interior, has a Colored Video Information Centre(same as the Buicks 1988-1989, but better) as well as a recent addition a 1990 Convertible with just 25K miles/40K Kms, I live in Canada, and the Convertible is White with White Conv.Top,interior is a Tan Leather and loaded,Mint condition one previous lady owner from new. I just recently changed the Radio/Cassette for an AM/FM Stereo/CD player also made by Delco, it fitted in the space provided and looks and sounds great and blends well with the interior.<BR>Oh, the Fog Lamps doesn't come on by itself, you have to physically push a button, though once the button is in a pushed state,one does not need to turn it off , as the ignition takes care of that.<p>[This message has been edited by prakash raja (edited 12-07-2000).]