Authenticity of vanity visor mirror

Guest Madeleine

Guest Madeleine1959

Greetings group, new kid in town (or rather on the forum) here!

I had picked up this Buick visor mirror some years ago to adorn Madeleine(my 1959 Electra)with, but discovered the weight from the mirror immediately lowered the visor as the mounting clips are on the bottom in lieu of the top.

I want to list this on ebay, but would like to have an accurate description relating to the year. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. smirk.gif

Guest Madeleine1959

This would be true IF I had the correct hardware holding the visor to its bracket. The prior owner has some type of screw that only attaches from the windsheild side towards the interior. I have yet to replace it, but for now... the weight of the mirror is too heavy & is not stock for 1959. I "am" seeking a stock visor vanity mirror, though. Thanx for your recommendation, though. wink.gif

Guest Madeleine1959

That isn't a bad idea. I have recently done some research & have been informed that the mirror is definitely of the 1956/1957 period. Now the only question that remains (for me) is how much to sell it for confused.gif Stay tuned... wink.gif

Guest my3buicks

Patrcik, I think you will find your mirror actually ranges back even further than 56, not sure how far back, but I believe maybe back into the 40's - a few very nice used examples of this mirror have sold recently on ebay for $25 and under. The NOS ones bring considerably more, and the 60's mirrors "Buick, it's a beauty too" do much better.