Reatta Convertible Question

First, HAPPY THANKSGIVING to all. <BR>I notice a fellow with 10 NOS rubber weather stip seals for sale on ebay for the back of the Reatta convertile top with a price of $60 each. He says the GM price is/was much higher (over $260). His is the longer center seal(My Book calls it the #5Bow weather strip). My book shows one on the left and one on the right sides also. I called my local Buick dealer and was told that they show it as discontinued. <BR>Does anyone have any knowledge of reasonable prices or availability of this seal? <BR>I don't need one now, but I am tempted to buy one just in case I need one in the future, especially if they are not being made by anyone else. <BR>Any information is appreciated.<BR> <P>------------------<BR> My Topless Reatta[http://hometown.aol.com/drbuch2000/TheReatta.html

While I have not checked, other Reatta owners have indicated their dealers told them none of the convertible weatherstriping is available. <BR>Fair price? Whatever it is worth today, it will be worth more tomorrow. <P>------------------<BR>Barney Eaton Reatta technical advisor for BCA and keeper of the Reatta database.

Expect prices on some parts to decline. Much like the case with the side vent windows where someone will make them aftermarket. Weatherstripping for both the convertible and coupe will no doubt be reproduced in the future as demand increases. If I remember correctly, one of the guys at Speedway told me that they were also looking into getting some weatherstripping made, but it will not be available for awhile. Maybe give them a call and see what the status of the reproduction is.