WTB complete 1965-1966 401 425 w/ th400

Guest nnamttor

Guest nnamttor

hello to all i am looking for a reasonably priced complete 65-66 401,425 with th400 trans it does not have to run just a good rebuildable core and must be complete front of engine to rear of trans and top to bottom i would prefer that it is still all assembled not in pieces i will be using this for a future street/rat rod project i would prefer that it is within 100 miles of poplar grove IL.61065 i know that i am asking alot but hopefully someone can help thanks to all, Jeff e-mail at rott126@aol.com

Guest nnamttor

i just need the engine and trans i am in the process of getting a clean 33 chevy 2dr sedan (bone stock w/locked up engine and missing trans) that's been sitting in a barn since 1967 that im going to "rat" rod as far as price the cheaper the better. i am not really sure what they are worth i bought a complete 66 425 th400 set up about 4 years ago for $300 did i get the deal of the century or is that the going rate? and like i stated in the original post i plan on rebuilding both i just need everything there so if its still in a car thats been sitting for the last 15 years thats fine with me they just need to be good complete + rebuildable. thanks, Jeff

Guest nnamttor

James Thanks for the info i will give Buck a call and see what we can work out thanks again, Jeff

Doug it was just a standard 425 out of a electra no aluminum covers it was one of those deals i sold it about a year ago thinking i would never use it like they say hindsight is 20/20. Jeff

I'm assuming you intend to convert the '36' to 12 volt system.

That being said,IF you buy a Complete car then you will have all

the parts to change your '36' over to 12 volts,and still get the

motor and tranny you want. You may want to think about a complete

parts car so you can get all your 12 volt parts from the parts car.

The power windows units that you may be able to convert,the radio

,alt,the regulator, battery,and still be able to sell the remainig

parts after you are done taking what you need.

Guest nnamttor

Thanks for everyones help i found exactly what i was looking for i got a complete 66 401 with th400 and it was only 10 miles away from home could not have worked out any better thanks again, Jeff