New Member, New Car , New Project!

Don_Shilling

Yesterday, during the dying throes of Hurricane Rita, I was traveling south from Little Rock, heading to Texarkana, Tex, with a barn fresh 1917 Dodge touring riding on my trailer. This car had been converted to a truck in 1927 and used until 1932-33. It was then stored in a dry barn until just a short time ago. The owners still had the rear portion of the touring body and top stored also. Needless to say, the car is in pretty nice condition to restore. I intend to do a frame off, 110% remanufacture to assembly line condition.

With the car unloaded and placed in my workshop, I next joined the DB club, so, Howdy! everybody!!

I received the shop manual with this purchase, but where can I obtain a copy of a parts manual?

Also, what is the significance or the "T" prefix on the firewall number?

I'm sure I'll have more questions in the near future but this is as good a place to start.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Don Shilling, Texarkana, Tex

Guest imported_DodgerDave

I just wanted to say Greetings to you.

You may ask contact Gary Gray he is running

store at he Hershey swap meet. You can check

the members benifits link on the home page

as well.

as far as the "T" id this a prefix to the

body number?

Again welcome to the club.

Guest imported_RAH

Don,

Welcome to the club. Excellent find, especially with the rear section and top from the original car still available. The "T" on the firewall simply means 'touring'. The cars serial number will be on the frame cross member just in front of the seat on the passengers side aft of the tranny. It may be difficult to read, being on top of the frame. It should be on a little metal plate on the upper floor board as well. The engine number will be on the starter/generator web and will be approximately 50,000 higher than the frame number. The body number is for the most part irrelevant.Good luck with your project.

Rodger "Dodger" Hartley

• 13 years later...
On 9/28/2005 at 9:01 PM, imported_RAH said:

Don,

Welcome to the club. Excellent find, especially with the rear section and top from the original car still available. The "T" on the firewall simply means 'touring'. The cars serial number will be on the frame cross member just in front of the seat on the passengers side aft of the tranny. It may be difficult to read, being on top of the frame. It should be on a little metal plate on the upper floor board as well. The engine number will be on the starter/generator web and will be approximately 50,000 higher than the frame number. The body number is for the most part irrelevant.Good luck with your project.

Rodger "Dodger" Hartley

There are no floor boards and no motor trans in it. will look where you say thanks Terry Spooner.