Buick Family

JohnD1956

Meeting people at Batavia this year I was aware that many families become Buick families. Ours is no different. And this past weekend I had an opportunity to prove it.

After some work I mentioned to the boys that I'd like to get a picture of their cars, and since the sweetheart also has a similar car, we posed em on the lawn.

11481tn_3800_alive_004.jpg

11481tn_3800_alive_005.jpg

This is not the first set of Buicks they have owned. The elder, JR, who just joined this board on Sept 20th has had a few, starting with his Aunt's 69 Electra sedan, and then an 84 2 dr Park Ave, and then an 85 Lesabre Wagon, and a few Park Avenues inbetween followed by an 87 electra t type. His is the green one on the Right

11481tn_3800_alive_002-thumb.jpg

Meanwhile Doug has had a bevy of Lesabre t types. He started out as a Chevy guy till we took a Lesabre T type for a ride. Unfortunately the dealer was unwilling to talk reason on that car, and we had to let it pass. But that lit his fire, and he has gone through three now. Here is the last one he bought and took to Flint in 2003

11481tn_3800_alive_012-thumb.jpg

Anyway, my contribution to this sea of 3800's is the 95 Riviera on the right over there.

We all love these cars. My wife loves her's just as much. With 157K on it, she does not want me to get her a new car because she just likes her car...

Anyway, I just wanted to share this with all of you in the club, because I'm sure you have similar stories to tell.

See ya sometime

John d