Steering wheel fix!

Like many other Reatta owners my steering wheel was in pretty bad shape (worn, discolored). I want to keep my 1990 convertible in the best original condition as possible. I found this place in Mesquite, TX "American Stitches" that recovers steering wheels. The cost $189.00 + shipping. They did a great job! It literally is like new. They matched the color as best as they could to the old color. (I would recommend you send an old horn button so the match is almost exact). I am completely happy with the steering wheel and service I received. I highly recommend them. Here is their Web site <BR> <A HREF="http://www.american-stitches.com/" TARGET=_blank>http://www.american-stitches.com/</A> <P>Steve Quirk

Not a professional solution (and SwimmingBear, we all do appreciate your posting of it, believe me!!), but on June 8th, Dperras suggested a aftermarket cover from Superior Industries called the "Extra-Wide Superskin" (Pep Boys priced at $15.99). <BR>For a less costly solution, it is wonderful!! I have the saddle brown and though it took a while to do right, the results are truly remarkable and I would highly recommend it for the daily driver (as opposed to the collector). Might even be good for the collector, especially if you drive with leather gloves (as I do). It'll keep your original in great shape (and it's REAL leather). I'll post pics as soon as I'm able. Three suggestions though, if you get it WEAR GLOVES while stitching it (I used a cross-stitch), disconnect your battery and remove your SIR (if '90-91) for a clean and finished look, and, most of all, take your time! It took me over two hours. rolleyes.gif LOL