53 Wildcat?

Guest 53Nailhead

Guest 53Nailhead

This is the 1st. time I've seen this ad but I'm sure many of you have seen it before. Can someone fill in the details, it's a pretty sharp looking Buick. It's a Champion ad & was listed as a 53 Wildcat & I know that there never was such a beast, but was there a concept car in 53-54 like this? You can see the port holes on the top of the fenders, it has 53 headlights & some combo 54/55/56 front bumper!

Les

Les, at least one of these '53 Wildcat I's was built, and the sole remaining example is part of the Bortz Collection in the Chicago area. The best article I've located regarding this beautiful car was in the December, 1988 issue of "Collectible Automobile" magazine. The car was, of course, the forerunner of the 1954 Wildcat II (in Flint's Sloan Museum) and the 1955 Wildcat III (no longer exists) Motorama dream cars.

wildl.jpg

Guest 53Nailhead

Centurion, thanks for the info on a great looking car, I'd love to see more pics if anyone has them. Any shots of the interior or rear? Was it also a 322? Norb, page 18? Thanks Brian, you've cleared up another mystery for some of us. Where do think I could find the article you mention in 'Collectible Automobile'?

Thanks again, Les

Guest sintid58

I saw this can and met Mr. Bortz at the Chicago Auto show this winter. Both are very interesting and the car is beautiful.