be carerful of CARS, inc.!

Guest jeffb

All- Be careful when dealing with that company called CARS, inc. I had to return an item and had a hard time doing so. Also, I sent back two gaskets and was only credited for one. Further, I have been restoring cars for 14 years, and have NEVER been charged a restocking fee. This guy charged me, and also lost one of my returned gaskets! So, they are like used car salesmen- they are your best friend up to and during the sale, but after that, forget about it.

Guest my3buicks

Thanks Jeff, go over previous threads in the history and you will find MANY comments on this issue.

Keith Bleakney

BCA 11465

I've always had extremely good luck with CARS---altough many people on this Board cuss them-----And also many people like Buick World and I've never had anything but grief from them. But I've never feard the first bad word about BOB'S. They are super. grin.gif

Guest invicta592

Do you know something Trevor.... I knew.. I just knew.. that your name was gonna be on this post within a nanosecond of me reading it.. and you didn't fail to live up to my expectations... lol

For the most part it has been ok,they did send me an incorrect Choke pull off but to be honest with you I don't care for Kevins attitude,and didn't want to deal with him again so I let it go. Charm school is in order. The other people I have dealt with have been fine.

The problem I have with CARS Inc is not with them because I won't chance an order with them. It's the fact that BCA Bugle and Hemmings won't put some pressure on them. CARS Inc would be out of business without national advertising in Hemmings and the Bugle.

On ebay you get kicked off for the kind of overall service CARS has provided or at the least, you would get a 75% rating or something like that. It just p****es me off that the Bugle or BCA management won't even address this. All they have to do is send them a letter and ask for a response, then print the letter and response in the Bugle.

CARS has already flipped us off by saying they never read the comments on this forum, yet they must love Buick's because that's all they do I think.

I hate to do this, but I have to! I got a repro '56 left hand mirror from CARS, and 6 repro portholes for the '56 Special, and after about 9 yrs, or about, probably less than that, cause I've had the car since the BCA Nats in '94 in Atlanta, these parts are in worse condition than the 50 yr old parts I took off! I asked Gene about replacing the portholes and he said send them back, a couple of years ago, but that is a all day job to take the portholes out. So I haven't done it. and Someone asked about Bumper Boyz don't do it, I have a rear bumper on the '56 that I bought from them in '95 and it had cracked chrome on the left and I didn't give them a core, so I didn't care. But the lower bottom of the bumper from them is now rusting too, Unfortunately, this poor car sits outside, cause I don't have room inside, but it starts and runs like a top all the time. and it's for sale, '56 Buick Special, 2 door, Sedan, Bermuda blue and white, Georgia car, with new tires could drive anywhere, has radials that are 10yrs old, need replacing. Speedometer is insane, but can be fixed, say 34K, new fuel pump last year, looking for $6500, or best offer. MVC-862X.jpg

I think they are just like all businesses, some people like them, some don't, just like EVERY large Buick parts seller there is. They have ALL been hacked apart, and/ or praised in this forum. Obviously, it is all based upon your personal experience. Personally, having dealt with pretty much most of them, I like CARS best.