States with No Regions

Dynaflash8

Do you know someone from Utah, Vermont, New Hampshire, Montana, Oregon, Arkansas or Nebraska who is in AACA or would like to be? We have no Region or Chapter in those states, and we really need to find some folks who would be interested in starting one. If you are such a person or know such a person who would be interested in organizaing a Region in one of those states, I'd like to chat with you. Thanks<BR>P.S.: My update put Utah onto the list.<p>[This message has been edited by Dynaflash8 (edited 02-15-2001).]

Dyna - Couldn't some contacts with AACA members in these states be accomplished using the AACA Membership Roster for 2000? Maybe 10 to 20 letters from a National Director can get some action started. Just a thought.

Guest SalG (Sal Grenci)

Why not try the folks in Bennington, Vt., they must be AACA members since they are at many a national meet. The population of Hemming's employees alone should be enough to get a region off the ground. SalG smile.gif

This thread has found folks in Vermont and Utah; all of whom are now reading my epistles to them. Thank you very much folks. I'm going to NC to look at an old car tomorrow morning, so if anybody else answers this thread I'll answer you when I get back. Sal, thanks for your suggestion.

Guest c.johnson

Since you've brought it up..<P>I have been a member for a few months now but haven't joined a local chapter.<P>What area does Utah fall under?<P>cj

Wow, THANK YOU!! You can tell I'm new to this job. A quick look in the back of the current magazine and there is NO Region in Utah!! My face is red. Obviously, Utah is in the Western Division. That makes it seven (7) states. I once knew some folks in Salt Lake City who collected old cars; even visited one on a cross-country trip. He collected Buicks (no surprise seeing my email address). <BR>If you are at all interested in helping to get something started for a Region in Utah, please contact me and I'll give you all the support possible. Meanwhile, as Ted Schneider said, next we'll move on to the AACA Roster to start making contacts.<BR>I've been on the phone to two states in the last two days. For those of you who did not attend Philadelphia, there are four new Region's Chairpersons in the Regions field, one in each Division. The Western Area Chair is Tom Deering of Santa Barbara, CA. The Central Chair is Joanna Cooper of Broken Arrow, OK; the Southeastern Chair is Patt Paquett of Mobile, AL and the Eastern Chair is Jeff Locke of Chesapeake, VA. We will all be workiung hard on Region support. However, very high on our list of "to do's" is the effort to establish at least one new Region or Chapter in states that currently do not have one. Thanks again for bringing Utah to my attention.<P>

It's a 56 Buick Century 4dr Hardtop John. I need one for my 45th high school Reunion in Oct. Judy thinks its nuts smile.gif But she's willing to ride. It'll have to be really good tho, or they can look at the '48 at the Reunion. So now I'm off to see the wizard. Catchya later<p>[This message has been edited by Dynaflash8 (edited 02-17-2001).]

ted schneider,<BR> Your suggestion to use the Roster is so logical; even I tried it! In case some of you readers were not aware of this: In Even numbered Years, the Roster is printed alphabetically. In Odd Numbered Years, The Roster is printed by State. (or so I was told) Needless to say, we are anxiously awaiting the publication of the 2001 Roster so we have a fighting chance of finding these folks. Can you imagine how bleary these ol peepers would be after looking through tens of thousands of names looking for a lil ol two digit State abbreviation?<BR> <BR> Tom