Reattae vs. Deer - please post photos for by-way safety data!

manikmekanik

My beautiful bride, (of 22 years), earned the name DEERSLAYER with her second kill last fall. Her first was in the previous millenium, and the '79 Impala did not fair too well, the insurance company declared it a TOTAL LOSS.

Her most recent triumph, driving my (HER) 1988 white/maroon Reatta coupe.

She said "I tried to slow down, I probably hit it @45mph!" and "I was afraid to stop, so I went to the stop sign, and recovered the dangling parts there" then she carried on to work, still 20 miles away, and called me to go find the DEER!

DEER! What about the CAR!!! Oh, I'm glad you're alright, honey! (Knowing she was, or she would'nt be so worried about the DEER, Still I had to cover my ass!)

"Did you get ALL the PIECES, so I can try to fix it?" I asked. She said "I don't know, it all happened so fast!" I know she averages @80mph down the country road every morning on her hurry to work. I thought the car would OBLITERATED, to say the least, and was suprised she was not hurt.

She said "Go see if the DEER is Okay, I think I KILLED it!" and started to whimper. "OH! GREAT!" I said, "YOU KILLED BAMBI!" This got her going, she had to hang up before I added any more "insult" to her "injury". Turns out everyone at work said the same thing about "BAMBI" and most were shocked to see the car survived. Some of them know someone who has died from similar bovine excursions.

So, I went to find the PIECES of her, (MINE, now that it's BROKE!), Reatta.

I mean "See if the DEER is O.K."

It took my brother-in-law and I 30 min. to find the PIECES of the car, none of which was more than 2" diameter, with the average CHUNK @ 1/2" dia.

There was a six-foot skid mark to tell the story, and a dead 160-180 lb. buck in the ravine. Looks like he would've made it across the road if a speed limit scofflaw had not happened by. As it was'nt, the DEER got caught IN the open headlamp assembly, trapping it's hoof/leg, and was flung 30 ft. away, over a guardrail, into the 15 ft. deep ravine, where it died.

I recovered the miniscule pieces and went to survey the car. Before I returned, (1 hour later), a local hunter nabbed my DEER! frown.gif

All I have left is a broken car and a bucket of bits. No jerky or sausage 'till next year.

REATTAE VS> DEER SCORESHEET

Reatta = 1 (Still drives, just a really bad black eye.) cool.gif

Deer = 0 (Dead as a doornail!) wink.gif

Post your REATTAE VS> DEER stories, and verify damage for by-way safety institution by posting as many photos allowed.

P.S. My brother-in-law lost his Blazer windshield, left fender and ROOF to a deer just 2 weeks ago! Fortunatly, he was'nt hurt, his insurance told him the 1991 Blazer is a TOTAL LOSS!

ALERT!!! THE DEER ARE ON THE MOVE IN SE WISCONSIN!!! shocked.gif

KEEP YOUR EYES PEELED!!