Trunk seal?

buford 8

Hi Guys, who do you go to for a good trunk seal on a 1948 Buick Roadmaster fastback? My trunk leaks and I can smell exhaust. The seal looks good, it is glued down around the perimeter confused.gifof the trunk opening but if I give it the dollar-bill test it doesn't make contact with the deck lid. Thanks, Buford 8.

If the trunk lid is the same as a convertable you need to us a one piece weathersrip. When I replaced mine I got a new one through Steele Rubber they sent me two different size pieces of rubber, according to the instructions the longer and thicker piece went around the top and sides of the deck lid and the thinner piece went along the bottom. When I installed it this way first it didn't look right and second it didn't seal. After going round with the rep from Steele we finally figured out that the convert and I believe the fastback,because of the shape of the trunk lid [rounded at the bottom corners and not squared of like sedans]needed a differt thicker weatherstrip that would go arond the trunk opening in one piece. Not sure if this is your problem but hope it helps.

Don Young

BCA#40498

1947 56C