WTB Exhaust manifold LH, 455 Riviera -75

Guest Two Roadmasters

Guest Two Roadmasters

I am a daily reader of this forum and I know there is a lot of knowledge within the BCA.

I am helping a friend to restore Riviera -75, a rare car here. What has happened is that when we tried to replace the gasket between cylinder head an exhaust manifold, the bolts that were "engaged" through rust to the manifold mounting holes forced some slight knocking which created small cracks in the manifold. We are therefore looking for another one, but I am too unfamiliar of the differencies between this year of the 455 engine compared to earlier and if earlier manifolds may fit. My knowledge is more in the straight eight era. The number that is on the manifold is B-1246671-2. I have seen a manifold on E-bay with B-1246671-3. Can anyone tell me if this last digit is of importance regarding the fitting of the part to this year. Of course, anyone having a manifold spare they are willing to sell would be very interesting for us to come in contact with.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Guest imported_65gs76limited

Did you find one yet? I have a 76 Riv i'am going to be parting. The manifolds are still intact. Tom

Guest Two Roadmasters

Hi,

What I need is a left hand exhaust, the right one is not a problem. I am quite convinced that a 76 Riviera big block would fit. I have specified the parts number earlier so if you could check on yours you can see whether it is the same or not. Also, if you can say yes to sell a left hand exhaust, please specify your price.

This info I also would like to forward to rnoel 1969. I don´t think a 71 big block exhaust will fit but I am not sure. I guess your Le Sabre -75 is quite OK but as you write, check the part number and specify a price.

I live in Sweden, we have got information on S&H so we know those figures.

Your help is appreciated!

Mats

Mats, I checked the left side (drivers side) on both that I have and one number is 1233451 E and below that is 6213M.Thats the 75. On the 71 Riveria its 1233451 and below that 39. They both look EXACTLY the same. Do you need the heat shield as well?? Send me your e-mail address and I can send you a picture of the 2. My e-mail address is rnoel1969@yahoo.com. Later, Ron

Guest Two Roadmasters

Tom,

I have seen a company called Airmail Parcel Service, with a delivery time of 4-10 days. This can be OK. But it seems as there are more actors on this market. An airmail delivery time around the one described above can be cheaper with any of the proposals you have, so please check.

Thanks

• 14 years later...