Upstate NY Chpt April Meeting

JohnD1956

Just wanted to post some pictures of some of the cars we saw at out April meeting. These are from the Gerald Sichel Trust collection. It was such an amazing collection, as most cars were fully restored and there were at least 35 of them.

But see for your self.

First the Buicks ( as if there was anything else?) a 1909.

11481Buick_1909.jpg

Next a 1910

11481Buick_1910.jpg

and then jumping a few years to 1917

11481Buick_1917.jpg

There were quite a few other cars, Like this 1903 Ford, purported to be the first Ford sold in England.

114811903_Ford.jpg

plus tons of minatures, and memorbelia.

What a great 4 hours private tour this was.

JD

I was thinking the same thing while posting the pictures. I didn't have enough time to look over the mechanicals but it did look lik an undercarriage motor set up.

One neat thing about that 1905 Cad. there is a rear door which is directly in the back of the vehicle. According to the curator, the car was designed to be backed up square to a curb so that the lady folk could enter the car without getting their shoes dirty in the often muddy streets.

But I love that 24 Buick. It seems so weird, but I'd love to try that shift pattern.

JD

Thats not a bad idea. Keep in mind that the admission charge was $90.00, regardless of the number of people who attend. Well worth the price at any number. However that Curtis Museuem in Hammondsport is an exceptional museum as well.

JD

Guest imported_Thriller

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">then there was a 1924

And how about this Right hand drive 1929?

Another view

11481Buick_1929_2.jpg </div></div>

I'm liking what I'm seeing. I'm a long ways away from needing the info, but what sort of straps were holding the trunk down? I took the trunk off of mine for transport and it is in the basement right now. At the back of the body of the car (hinge side of trunk) there is something akin to a boat clevis on either side and on the latch side of the trunk there were slots the tie down would go through. From what I see, it could be either a two piece strap that buckled together or a one piece deal.

Thanks.

I don't have a more detailed picture but asked one of the other members if he might. If not I'll take a ride up and see if they'll let me in just to document that for you.

Jd

Guest imported_Thriller

Thanks. Don't worry about making a special trip for me (unless you are just looking for an excuse to go back). I'm just trying to gather information and haven't begun to tap other sources for details like that. I just thought I'd ask.